PUP.Optional.Duuqu Removal Working Guide
Your system has infected with this PUP.Optional.Duuqu infection? And you don’t know how to get rid of it? Is the system running slowly and get error messages when you open a document? Do you know the aim of this threat? This post will guide you to delete this nasty virus from your system completely.
More information about PUP.Optional.Duuqu
PUP.Optional.Duuqu belongs to Trojan horse virus that can attack all version of windows system. This nasty threat can cause several issues on your infected system. Once it successfully gets inside to your system, it can possess your computer and open the backdoor to allow other system infections like spyware, adware, browser hijacker and worm download into your PC. As a result, you will suffer with terrible time until the threat gets uninstalled from your computer permanently.
In addition, this Trojan threat can sneak onto your system via malicious websites and few spam emails. With the infection of this harmful virus, you web browser settings will be changed without asking your permission. Besides, it can turn off the computer firewall or even crash down your system. Due to presence of this infection, you will receive irritating adverts while browsing online. If you delayed to remove it, be sure you will not be able to perform anything in your system in near future. So, it is very risky to keep this dangerous virus in your computer and you’d better delete PUP.Optional.Duuqu immediately.
Harmful impacts by PUP.Optional.Duuqu on your PC
Sneak into your PC without any consent.
Change your default homepage settings.
Alter the DNS settings and break the firewall.
Slows down your computer and sluggish the performance.
PUP.Optional.Duuqu can corrupt the windows registry.
It can display number of frustrating ads on your computer screen.
These ads will stop you from normal working over the Internet.
Common antivirus tool cannot delete this aggressive virus.
Malicious Properties of PUP.Optional.Duuqu
- PUP.Optional.Duuqu is a dangerous Trojan horse that usually attack Windows based system.
- It is designed by evil hackers and cyber criminals aiming to track all your browsing habits and will even disable task manager as well.
- Once activated, PUP.Optional.Duuqu will start adding corrupt registries in Windows Registry Editor to make PC non responsive.
- It will drain out your personal and confidential data including credential details by tracking online activities.
- PUP.Optional.Duuqu may even encrypt your valuable files and folders to make you unable even to access it resulting in severe data loss.
- You would observe complete changes in system’s appearance and gradual degradation in system’s performance as well.
- you will have to suffer unusual shut down and privacy leakage as well.
- It will make user irritated by displaying bogus alerts and pop up ads while surfing.
- DNS settings, browser’s settings, desktop back ground and other essential setting all of sudden get changed without your consent.
Therefore, it is advised to remove PUP.Optional.Duuqu instantly from your Windows computer.
Solution 1: Delete PUP.Optional.Duuqu Manually (Recommended for PC experts)
Step 1: Terminate fake processes created by PUP.Optional.Duuqu in Windows Task Manager.
To open Windows Task Manager, you need to click on Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys together.
Move the cursor to Processes tab and click on it. You will find several unknown process of PUP.Optional.Duuqu. Identify them and click on End Process option.
Step 2: Uninstall PUP.Optional.Duuqu and its related programs from the Control Panel.
Open the Run command by tapping Win+R key together.
Enter Control Panel and click on OK button.
From the Control Panel, go to Programs and click on Uninstall a Program option.
Look for PUP.Optional.Duuqu and the click on Uninstall button to get rid of it.
Step 3: Remove the malignant codes or files of PUP.Optional.Duuqu from Windows Registry Editor.
Press Win+R key in order to open Run box.
Type “regedit” and click on OK button top open registry editor. Select and remove fake files created by PUP.Optional.Duuqu.
Step 4: Remove all the suspicious add-ons, extensions or Plug-ins of PUP.Optional.Duuqu from the web browsers.
For Google Chrome
- Open the Chrome browser and click on menu.
- Click on Tools menu.
- Choose Extensions option.
- From the Extensions dialog box, click on trash icon.
- Finally click on Remove button from the confirmation dialog box.
For Internet Explorer
- Click on IE icon from the desktop.
- From the menu bar, click on Tools menu and select Manage Add-ons option.
- Click on All Add-ons option under the Show tab and remove the suspicious add-ons created by PUP.Optional.Duuqu.
For Mozilla Firefox
- Open the Firefox browser. Go to menu button and select Add-ons option. The Add-ons manager tab will appear on the screen.
- Select the Extensions or Appearance panel.
- Select the fake extensions related to PUP.Optional.Duuqu.
- Click on Disable or Remove button.
- If you find any pop up then click on Restart option.
For Microsoft Edge
You need to know that Microsoft Edge does not support extensions, so you are advised to reset the homepage in order to get rid of PUP.Optional.Duuqu completely.
Reset Edge Homepage
From the address bar, click on More(…) option and tap Settings.
From the Open with menu, select A specific page or pages option. You can choose your desired homepage from the drop-down list.
Reset the default Search Engine of Edge browser
Click on More (…) option. Then Go to Settings → View advanced settings.
Type the search engine URL of your choice in <Add new> option under the “Search in the address bar with”.
Click on Add as default option after choosing your favorite search engine.
Solution 2: How to Detect PUP.Optional.Duuqu Automatically
Step 1: You can make use of Spyhunter Tool to detect PUP.Optional.Duuqu and other malicious threats in the PC.
Download the tool by Clicking the button given below.
(Note: Spyhunter free Scanner can only detect PUP.Optional.Duuqu after successful scanning. If you want to delete the threat completely, go for the Licensed version of Spyhunter.)
Note: It is possible that your browser will generate an alert saying “Do you want to keep Spyhunter-Installer.exe anyway”? You need to click on Keep button to get the software.
To install the software, Double click on Spyhunter-Installer.exe.
After the successful installation, you need to click on Click New Scan option to start the scanning process to identify the existence of PUP.Optional.Duuqu in the PC.
Once the process gets completed, click on Fix Threats option to remove the PUP.Optional.Duuqu and other similar threats.
How To Scan PUP.Optional.Duuqu using Spyhunter Scanner
Step 1: Click on “Scan Computer Now” to start the scanning process in the system once the software gets installed. It will help you to detect PUP.Optional.Duuqu in the PC.
Step 2: This tool provides the feature of “Custom Scan”. It will help you to conduct scanning in the specific location of your choice.
Step 3: You can enable System Guard to block the entrance all the malicious entries in the PC. It will also help you to prevent the Process Control, Registry Section as well as Active X Control.
Step 4: Spyware help Desk is a unique feature provides by the tool which will provide details about the fatal level of the threat and suggestions to get rid of it completely.
Step 5: Network Sentry feature of the tool will prevent the system on networks and blocks all the unauthorized access. You can use this feature to protect the DNS settings and Host File also.
Step 6: Scan Scheduler is one of the best feature which is capable to scan the PC at pre-set time even without the interference of the users.