.protected File Extension Removal Steps (Complete Guide)
.protected File Extension has came into existence which is reported as very dangerous bug for all Windows computers. Security experts have detected this bug and categorized it under trojan threat. You should remove this bug quickly when it is detected on your computer system.
.protected File Extension is a very destructive Trojan threat which is launched by the web criminals mainly to gain control over to the affected computer and run evil processes behind the background. It is a very clever infection which smartly copies its file name and hides its identity from being detected. Soon when enters, .protected File Extension injects corrupted registries into Windows Registry Editor and infects the whole machine. The nettlesome Trojan threat ruins PC harshly and hampers its functioning. It prevents the execution of installed application programs and system starts to behave weirdly. Moreover, .protected File Extension downloads malicious files from the Internet and consumes large CPU resources as well as whole free memory space.
Being more specific, .protected File Extension brings gradual reduction in the performance speed of the compromised machine due to which it takes too long time to load a single program. It is a very harmful infection which infects several data files and may delete them completely to raise the issue of data loss. You should be alert when detected this threat on computer. Here, you are advised to delete .protected File Extension immediately from your Windows computer system before it happens too late.
Malicious Properties of .protected File Extension
- .protected File Extension is a dangerous Trojan horse that usually attack Windows based system.
- It is designed by evil hackers and cyber criminals aiming to track all your browsing habits and will even disable task manager as well.
- Once activated, .protected File Extension will start adding corrupt registries in Windows Registry Editor to make PC non responsive.
- It will drain out your personal and confidential data including credential details by tracking online activities.
- .protected File Extension may even encrypt your valuable files and folders to make you unable even to access it resulting in severe data loss.
- You would observe complete changes in system’s appearance and gradual degradation in system’s performance as well.
- you will have to suffer unusual shut down and privacy leakage as well.
- It will make user irritated by displaying bogus alerts and pop up ads while surfing.
- DNS settings, browser’s settings, desktop back ground and other essential setting all of sudden get changed without your consent.
Therefore, it is advised to remove .protected File Extension instantly from your Windows computer.
Solution 1: Delete .protected File Extension Manually (Recommended for PC experts)
Step 1: Terminate fake processes created by .protected File Extension in Windows Task Manager.
To open Windows Task Manager, you need to click on Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys together.
Move the cursor to Processes tab and click on it. You will find several unknown process of .protected File Extension. Identify them and click on End Process option.
Step 2: Uninstall .protected File Extension and its related programs from the Control Panel.
Open the Run command by tapping Win+R key together.
Enter Control Panel and click on OK button.
From the Control Panel, go to Programs and click on Uninstall a Program option.
Look for .protected File Extension and the click on Uninstall button to get rid of it.
Step 3: Remove the malignant codes or files of .protected File Extension from Windows Registry Editor.
Press Win+R key in order to open Run box.
Type “regedit” and click on OK button top open registry editor. Select and remove fake files created by .protected File Extension.
Step 4: Remove all the suspicious add-ons, extensions or Plug-ins of .protected File Extension from the web browsers.
For Google Chrome
- Open the Chrome browser and click on menu.
- Click on Tools menu.
- Choose Extensions option.
- From the Extensions dialog box, click on trash icon.
- Finally click on Remove button from the confirmation dialog box.
For Internet Explorer
- Click on IE icon from the desktop.
- From the menu bar, click on Tools menu and select Manage Add-ons option.
- Click on All Add-ons option under the Show tab and remove the suspicious add-ons created by .protected File Extension.
For Mozilla Firefox
- Open the Firefox browser. Go to menu button and select Add-ons option. The Add-ons manager tab will appear on the screen.
- Select the Extensions or Appearance panel.
- Select the fake extensions related to .protected File Extension.
- Click on Disable or Remove button.
- If you find any pop up then click on Restart option.
For Microsoft Edge
You need to know that Microsoft Edge does not support extensions, so you are advised to reset the homepage in order to get rid of .protected File Extension completely.
Reset Edge Homepage
From the address bar, click on More(…) option and tap Settings.
From the Open with menu, select A specific page or pages option. You can choose your desired homepage from the drop-down list.
Reset the default Search Engine of Edge browser
Click on More (…) option. Then Go to Settings → View advanced settings.
Type the search engine URL of your choice in <Add new> option under the “Search in the address bar with”.
Click on Add as default option after choosing your favorite search engine.
Solution 2: How to Detect .protected File Extension Automatically
Step 1: You can make use of Spyhunter Tool to detect .protected File Extension and other malicious threats in the PC.
Download the tool by Clicking the button given below.
(Note: Spyhunter free Scanner can only detect .protected File Extension after successful scanning. If you want to delete the threat completely, go for the Licensed version of Spyhunter.)
Note: It is possible that your browser will generate an alert saying “Do you want to keep Spyhunter-Installer.exe anyway”? You need to click on Keep button to get the software.
To install the software, Double click on Spyhunter-Installer.exe.
After the successful installation, you need to click on Click New Scan option to start the scanning process to identify the existence of .protected File Extension in the PC.
Once the process gets completed, click on Fix Threats option to remove the .protected File Extension and other similar threats.
How To Scan .protected File Extension using Spyhunter Scanner
Step 1: Click on “Scan Computer Now” to start the scanning process in the system once the software gets installed. It will help you to detect .protected File Extension in the PC.
Step 2: This tool provides the feature of “Custom Scan”. It will help you to conduct scanning in the specific location of your choice.
Step 3: You can enable System Guard to block the entrance all the malicious entries in the PC. It will also help you to prevent the Process Control, Registry Section as well as Active X Control.
Step 4: Spyware help Desk is a unique feature provides by the tool which will provide details about the fatal level of the threat and suggestions to get rid of it completely.
Step 5: Network Sentry feature of the tool will prevent the system on networks and blocks all the unauthorized access. You can use this feature to protect the DNS settings and Host File also.
Step 6: Scan Scheduler is one of the best feature which is capable to scan the PC at pre-set time even without the interference of the users.